Want Visa confidence? We’ve got you covered!

Australian Immigration Agents



Our Registered Immigration Agents are expert practitioners in the Australian Employer Sponsored and Skilled Professional visas.

Questions? Send us an email at [email protected] or give us a call at +61 3 9670 7555 to discuss which opportunities are available for you!

Allows a skilled overseas professional to:

  • Undertake short-term, highly specialised, non-ongoing work projects
  • Participate in events on a non-ongoing basis at the invitation of an Australian organisation

The visa is generally approved for up to 3 months. In compelling circumstances, it may be granted for up to 6 months.

Allows skilled overseas workers who have been sponsored by an eligible Australian business to live and work in Australia on a specified temporary basis (1 year to 4 years). Providing the occupation is on the STSOL or the MLTSSL list, the nominated position and skill level must meet legislative requirements and the applicant must have the requisite skill and/or work experience.

The sponsoring employer must have a valid Standard Business Sponsorship or Accredited Business Sponsorship agreement in place in order to nominate an overseas worker for a TSS Subclass 482 visa (see Standard Business Sponsorship Agreements).

This special category visa is appropriate for someone to work on a temporary basis:

  • Perform in the areas of entertainment or high-level sports,
  • Perform religious work,
  • Be employed as a superyacht crew member,
  • Undertake full-time domestic work in the household of certain foreign executives,
  • Work in a skilled position under a staff exchange arrangement,
  • Participate or observe an Australian research project, government endorsed event, or special approved program that provides opportunities for youth exchange, cultural enrichment or community benefits

The ENS visa is for skilled workers who are nominated by an Australian employer. It is open to workers located outside Australia or skilled temporary residents who already live and work in Australia. There are three entry streams:

  • Temporary Residence Transition: For Subclass 457 and 482 visa holders who have worked for two years with their nominating employer in the nominated occupation.
  • Direct Entry: For people outside of Australia or those already in Australia, who do not hold a Subclass 457 or 482 visa, or have only briefly worked in the Australian labour market.
  • Agreement: For people sponsored by their employer through a labour or regional migration agreement.

Assists economic development by attracting skilled migrants to fill long-term employment vacancies in regional areas where local Australian applicants are not available. The visa is open to overseas workers or skilled temporary residents already living Australia. The visa has three entry streams:

  • Temporary Residence Transition: For Subclass 457 or 482 visa holders who have worked for two years with their nominating employer in the nominated occupation.
  • Direct Entry: For people outside Australia or those in Australia, who do not hold a Subclass 457 or 482 visa.
  • Agreement: For people sponsored through a labour or regional migration agreement.

The Standard Business Sponsorship Agreement is the most usual way for businesses to sponsor a skilled worker under the previous 457 visa program and the current 482 visa program. Company requirements to become an approved sponsor include:

  • Is a lawfully operating business
  • Has no adverse information about it or any of its directors
  • Meets the department’s training requirements (Australian businesses only).

If you are a recent graduate or a highly skilled professional, and have skills in a specific occupation that is in demand in Australia, you may be able to migrate under Skill Select.

This is a points-based visa program for skilled workers and does not require nomination by an Australian employer. However, additional points are given to those who are nominated by a State or Territory, or sponsored by an eligible Australian relative. Applications for skilled visas under the Skill Select Program are by Department of Home Affairs (DOHA) invitation only on receipt of an Expression of Interest (EOI).

Expat’s in-house, Australian Migration Consultants provide strategic case management in the areas of Business Innovation, Investment and Retirement. We proudly to offer affordable migration services throughout Australia.

The Business Innovation and Investor Visa program allows eligible professionals to own, manage a new or existing business or to make an investment in Australia. The program is comprised of two stages: a provisional Subclass 188 Visa and a permanent Subclass 888 Visa.

The provisional Subclass 188 visa has three main streams:

  • The Business Innovation stream is for people who propose to own and manage a new or existing business in Australia.
  • The Investor stream is for those wishing to make a designated investment of at least AUD 1.5 million in an Australian state or territory and to maintain business and investment activity in Australia after the original investment has matured.
  • The Significant Investor stream is for people who are willing to invest at least AUD 5 million into complying investments in Australia and to maintain business and investment activity in Australia after the original investment has matured.

Subclass 188 visa holders may apply for permanent residency after fulfilling the requirements of the provisional visa.

The Subclass 888 visa has three streams:

  • The Business Innovation stream is for people who continue to own and manage a business in Australia
  • The Investor stream is for people who want to maintain business and/or investment activity in Australia after the designated investment has matured
  • The Significant Investor stream is for people who are willing to maintain business and investment activity in Australia after the original complying investment has matured.

The Investor Retirement Subclass 405 visa is ideal for self-funded retirees who have no dependants. This visa will allow the retiree to live in Australian on a long-term temporary basis. The Investor Retirement visa is not a pathway to permanent residency or Australian citizenship.

To qualify for this visa retiree’s must:

  • Be aged 55 years or older
  • Have no dependents other than a partner
  • Be able to make a long term significant investment in Australia

Expat provide caring personalised assistance to manage a range of family, residency and Australian citizenship matters.

The Partner visa category falls under the family migration stream and is open to partners or fiancés of Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens. The visa category is open to:

  • People intending to get married (fiancés)
  • Married partners
  • De facto partners (including those in a same-sex relationship).

This visa allows non-New Zealand citizens to travel and live in Australia with their New Zealand citizen family member, who is the holder of a Special Category Subclass 444 visa.

The Special Category visa is a temporary visa automatically granted to New Zealand citizens who arrive in Australia and do not hold a permanent visa.

The non-New Zealand citizen must be either:

  • Their partner
  • Their (or their partner’s) dependent child
  • The dependent child of their (or their partner’s) dependent child
  • Their (or their partner’s) relative who meets all of the following:
    • Is widowed, divorced, separated or has never married or entered a de facto relationship
    • Is usually resident in the Special Category visa holder’s household
    • Is dependent on the Special Category visa holder.

Parent visas allow Australian citizen or permanent resident children to sponsor their parent(s) for a temporary or permanent visa to migrate to Australia. The Parent visa category has a limited number of visas available each year. Applicants who apply and meet the visa criteria are placed in a global queue. Applicants will experience a substantial wait before being granted a visa.

The Contributory Parent visa option allows the applicant or sponsor to pay a larger application fee and Assurance of Support bond and waiting period is much shorter.

The Student visa program provides international students the opportunity to study in Australia at all levels of education, from primary through to postgraduate, vocational and non-award courses. The student must be enrolled at the education institute and hold a student visa before commencing the course of study in Australia.

Visas in this stream include:

  • Higher Education Student Visa
  • Vocational Training Student Visa
  • School Student Visa
  • English Language Study Visa
  • Postgraduate Research Student Visa
  • Non-Award Student visa

The Student Guardian Visa allows a foreign national to apply for a visa as the guardian of a student who is studying in Australia. The student visa holder must be under 18 years of age, unless exceptional circumstances apply, where a student over 18 years of age needs a guardian for religious or cultural reasons. Student Guardian Visa holders may live in Australia for the same length of time as the student for whom they are guardian, or until the student turns 18 years of age.

The Resident Return Visa (RRV) is issued to current or former Australian permanent residents and former Australian citizens. This visa allows the visa holder to maintain or regain their status as an Australian permanent resident and allows the visa holder to remain in Australia indefinitely. The RRV allows multiple travel in and out of Australia, within the validity period of the visa.

Australian citizenship is often considered the final step in the migration process. Australian citizens are awarded all the rights, freedom and protection offered by the laws of Australia.

There are several pathways to Australian citizenship:

By birth: In Australia people automatically become an Australian citizen if they are born here and one or both of their parents is an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia.

By descent: Child of an Australian citizen who is born overseas will generally be granted Australian citizenship. There are a number of rules that might apply to people in this category. These are indicated in the Australian Citizenship Act, 2007.

By grant: A non-citizen of Australia can apply to become an Australian citizen. Migrants holding permanent residence visas who satisfy the residential requirements and who are good character may be eligible for citizenship.

Australia is a country that is no stranger to immigration, with roughly half of the population either being born overseas, or having one or both parents born overseas. Australia’s popularity with immigrants continues to increase due to its multiculturalism, high quality of life and good educational systems.

2016 studies by the Productivity Commission have found that 86% of immigrants live in the major cities of Australia, mostly Sydney and Melbourne, and a small percentage live in more regional areas.

In recent years, Australian immigration has become increasingly difficult. Let Expat International assist you through this complex issue, and assess your eligibility at acquiring temporary or permanent residence in Australia.

Local Expertise – Global ReachWith local expertise and a global reach, Expat Visa and Immigration Services ensure a reliable and friendly service, and in-depth understanding of Australia’s changing migration legislation. Whether it’s: Working holiday visas, Business visas, Temporary and permanent residence visas, Individual skilled visas, Special category visas, Partner or family visas, Student visas and citizenship. Expat is able to assist to lodge a decision-ready application and provide the best chances for your future success.

Contact Us