CROSS CULTURAL PROGRAMS
Research and experience clearly indicate that the major single factor related to under-performance in international assignments is the inability of the transferee (and more commonly the transferee’s family) in adjusting to the culture of the host country.
To be most effective, ideally the process of developing cross cultural competence and awareness should commence as early as possible in the expat planning cycle. It is important also to involve the employee’s spouse/partner in the process from the outset.
Our programs are tailored to individual requirements and delivered by qualified cross cultural consultants.
- Destination Briefings: Expat International tailors sessions specifically for each transferring employee and family. They provide insightful practical information, comparison, guidance and discussion on the new locations
- Children’s Briefings: Preparing young family members for the change of lifestyle
- Cross Cultural Awareness for Global Managers: Preparing transferring managers to adapt to the cultures of the countries in which they will work on either on short, or long-term basis, is crucial.
- Cultural Business Briefings: Provided for local employees to understand and recognise cultural differences and sensitivities as an essential foundation to establishing positive working relationships with colleagues from other cultures.
- Coaching and Mentoring: An effective pathway to improving both individual and group performance.
- Repatriation debrief: Expat assists companies in developing management procedures and strategic planning to harness the value of, and very substantial investment in, their employees’ unique international experiences upon return to the home country.